Hi everyone! Long time no post. Now that FIYAHCON is—for the most part—behind me, it’s time to revisit where exactly all those months of my life went.
Let’s look at some numbers:
- 1072 total registrations / 956 active attendees
- 83 total programming items (including Aquarium Calm Rooms)
- 22 booths / 2316 booth visits
- Funding in ticket sales: $20,720
- Funding in sponsorship: $17,648
- Funding in donations: $295
- Total expenses: $36,304.82
- Total funding*: $48,663
*+$10k base starting fund from 2020’s event
BETWEEN YEAR 1 AND YEAR 2
Attendees of both years would note a number of differences in the execution. For one, we had much more planning time. And the use of a new platform and a year of experience meant we could do more programming. So alongside our two US-daytime tracks, we had an additional night of BONFIYAH (formerly “Fringe”), the free tier for international/global south participants.
We alsohad different…
View original post 1,140 more words